Instance Noodles: TransformBuffered / SpriteBuffered crashes vvvv

No matter which version of vvvv I run nor the IN versions I keep having crashes whenever I put a TransformBuffered and SpriteBuffered (updated) node.
The weird thing is that it was working perfectly before … maybe before the latest nvidia update. I am working on a RTX2080 an i7 and 32 gb RAM.
Any ideas what may causing this ?
I experienced it also (one week before) on my laptop with a GTX1050, so I cant really tell where the problem is.

PS:Is it possible to rollback nvidia drivers if that would be the case ?

thx

images
you forgot to attach the patch ;)

Hello Kyle, it doesn’t really matter to attach the patch, I can do it if you like but in order to have a better understanding you may just connect a trbuffer to a constant and then feed a renderer (so simple). What I found last night was after reinstalling the drivers (I downloaded the latest studios ones) seemed to fix the problem (at least for these two I am mentioning above, so it would be enlightening if I probably put the one specific patch where the problem remains but none of the above nodes (trbuffer or sprite) are part of the problem anymore. Fyi it was working smoothly and nice for long time on a gtx1070.

here is the patch old_patch_trajectories_simple.v4p (19.4 KB)

hello
@nissidis & @everyoneishappy
i have the exact same issue here:
win10
gtx980Ti

the only workaround i’ve found is to rollback to an older driver
it’s related to nvidia drivers since after a clean desinstall of the driver with DDU

all the patches containing TransformBuffered nodes doesn’t crash anymore.

so if it’s also the case for you please download older drivers here:
https://www.nvidia.com/drivers/beta
Version : 425.31 - WHQL was working for me.

it’s probably a good idea to investigate
a bit further on this since all the auto update stuff from Nvidia may lead to issues
with InstanceNoodles and probably with other gsfx’s!

take care

1 Like

Yes that was the solution for me too, to rollback to Studio drivers instead of the Game Ready ones. And as @everyoneishappy may remember there was a small issue regarding to my RTX and the VF3D SimpleAgent (and other visualizing helpers) which was fixed on site ones Kyle pointed me out what could be wrongly interpreted (just in case you come across this too).
Thanks for mentioning it because I was convinced that my GPU was trash.

Thanks for the updates. Seems like for time being best way is to just go with studio drivers. I’ll add this to the noodles download page. Honestly I have no idea what to even do from this side otherwise.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.