Infrared-Sensor-Device

Hey patchers,

I have an USB Infrared-receiver-device and want to get data (primitive values) out of it.
Has somebody experience with the nuget HIDDevices
It seems it is the HID-nuget which is recently updated.
Some Ideas to list (enumerate) my connectetd devices and get an item from it. I don’t get it.

grafik

…so far…

Thanks very much

Jakob

Ok for now I switched to HidSharp.
There I get a list of 13 devices.
When I unplug the IR-Device the list shows 5 devices. Nevermind I tested all these new devices
It is a little instable - sometimes the whole vvvv freezes - also in the similar nugets like HidLibrary and HIDDevices
Anyway - I do not understand how to read out the data for now.

I will keep you up to date.

Regards
Jakob

grafik
HIDEnumerationIR_HidSharp.vl (12.5 KB)

Maybe check out VL.Devices.SpaceMouseHID it uses and unofficial nuget package of HidLibrary to read data from 3DConnexion™ SpaceMice.

I also had some strange issues with vvvv acting up and freezing during development. Some of it is documented in this thread:

Hey all,

I’ve progressed a little further.
There is a problem with the inputdata of the IR-receiver which I will solve at first.
So I tried to get data from an other devices. I wanto to prepare a VL preset for all connected USB/HID devices to get the raw input of all buttons, knobs, no matter which signals.

My Idea is to controll with the inputdata the behavior of connected hardware or software.
In the case of the IR-Receiver: play a synthesizer with a TV-remote controll…

For now I tried the nuget RawInput.Sharp
→ nuget install RawInput.Sharp

progress so far:

RawInputDevice.vl (42.6 KB)

But I don´t know how to receive the realtime single data (buttons, scrollwheels, x/y data…)

Maybe someone would like to play around with it. I recommend a gamepad or something similar for testing.

I don´t know what to do with:

• a handler
  • IntPtr
  • how to enumerate in C#

Regards Jakob

Hey Bjoern!

I tried around with HidLibraryUnofficial but the same freeze behavior still exists.
Each time when I switch the IndexItems at an undefined time (CounterWrap - UP/Down)
You can try my patch here:
HIDDER.vl (12.0 KB)

Maybe its just a problem in my case…
Thanks for your interest!

Jakob