Good image stiching programm

s contact sheet does only line wise stitching and I have a grid of images, and the hole image loading process was horrible slow.

… imagemagick – I had a look but for what I wanted to archive it was a lot to complicated!

… I now did it by hand ;) - compositing of 20 images, every image has 8x8 tilings (4096px each tiling)

@woei - much thanks for the efford, will have a look at it, maybe you could also implement a grid stitching?!

@m9dfukc: actually this is grid stitching (if i understand you right) you just have to specify the columns because the rows result automatically by filecount/columns.

ah superb ;) will test it later but already love it - hehe ;)

hi,

@woei: I tested your TileStitcher plugin but it only works sometimes and it worked never for more than 16 files (a 4096x4096) :( … ah and you should implement something like progress information. … how does your plugin work, is it limited by system memory?

anyway, if the errors are fixed I think it would be nice to bundle that with Writer(EX9.Texture Grid) from Ampop :)

… I’m sorry that I can’t give you some more information but tty trows no errors!

i agree that the imagemagick documentation is a brick wall. the magick line to do this is something like

convert -append img0.jpg img1.jpg … imgN.jpg row0.jpg
for every row of images, then

convert +append row0.jpg row1.jpg … rowN.jpg output.jpg
for the final image.

you can automate that pretty easy in vvvv and push it out the ShellExecute (Windows) node. doing anything by hand while sitting in front of a computer means you’re doing it wrong ;)

hi again,

yeah something I’m doing wrong ;)

thanks to defetto I’m now using Photoshops “contact sheet”, last time I tried that I was using the wrong settings.

… Photoshop seems the only program so far that can handle images with that size.

@m9dfukc:
i guess, its a memory limit. but you’re right, i should implement some exception handling - however, that was just a quick trial.

asuming you have 2gb ram, you cant stitch more than the 16 4k files. 4 (rgba) * 2bytes * 4096 * 4096 * 16 = 2gb.

if anybody can point out a way of stitching without loading the complete image plz shout out