Fire-i raw camera

Hi,

I’m trying to videoin a Fire-i unibrain camera whith raw format. It’s Ok but with a less quality than the unibrain application.

how can i increase the quality in vvvv?

thanks
best regards

Hi. It shouldn’t be any different the quality in unibrain app or vvvv. The raw camera only has one capture mode.

To test: setup your videoIn > videoOut nodes and hover over the bottom right pin on the videoIn node it will show you the actual capture format. What does it say?

Hi,

I’m trying to videoin a Fire-i unibrain camera whith raw format. It’s Ok but with a less quality than the unibrain application.

how can i increase the quality in vvvv?

thanks
best regards

It say “Y800 640 480 @ 30”, and it say that it find the unibrain driver to. The quality stay less in the motion to.

“Y800 640 480 @ 30” is what you’d expect from that cam. Why do you think it is less quality than in the unibrain software? They are both capturing it from the same source via DirectShow.

The image is a little more granulare and the motion jerki. I’ve made a test, I pass the framerate of videoin at 30 to 25. the framerate of videoTexture at 29.99 pass at 14.888 (normal). but when I put back videoin at 30 the videoTexture stay at 14. And in the two case the jerki motion don’t change.

Did you try beta18 already? See

I don’t get what you mean > “I pass the framerate of videoin at 30 to 25”

With this camera you can’t change any of the capture settings. There is only one capture setting Y800 640 480 @ 30 . It may appear that you have changed it but check the actual capture format on the VideoIn node.

I don’t fully understand how you have setup you test patch to prove this issue. I have one of these cameras, if you post the patch I’ll check it on mine and see if I can spot a difference.