Exporting fails to build due to dependency it isn't using

I try to build this simple example. A package that I haven’t included (but am developing) is causing an error. When I open that file, there is indeed an error where but it shouldn’t effect a project that isn’t using it.

My File:
HelloWorldBuilder2.vl (11.5 KB)
Error build message:

Generating
HelloWorldBuilder2.vl
VL.CoreLib.vl
VL.Skia.vl
VL.EditingFramework.vl
VL.Cameras.vl
VL.Editors.vl
Restoring
Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (Restore target(s)):

Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Done building project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj".

Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Project "VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Done building project "VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj".

Project "VL.Skia.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Project "VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Project "VL.Cameras.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Done building project "VL.Cameras.vl.csproj".

Project "VL.Editors.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreProjectPathWalk target(s)):

Done building project "VL.Editors.vl.csproj".

Done building project "VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj".

Done building project "VL.Skia.vl.csproj".

Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.Skia.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.Cameras.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.Editors.vl.csproj" (_IsProjectRestoreSupported target(s)):

Project "VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "VL.Skia.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "VL.Cameras.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "VL.Editors.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (_GenerateRestoreGraphProjectEntry target(s)):

Project "VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

Project "VL.Skia.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

Project "VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

Project "VL.Cameras.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

Project "VL.Editors.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

Project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" (_GenerateProjectRestoreGraph target(s)):

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\.git' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\.vl' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\examples' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\Lib' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\LibDodge' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\Resources' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : Warning C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\NuGet\NuGet.targets(123,5): The folder 'C:\Users\Igor\Documents\TFProjects\VL_Repos\vlml.onnx\vl' contains an invalid version.

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\VL.Cameras.vl\VL.Cameras.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\HelloWorldBuilder2.vl\HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\VL.Skia.vl\VL.Skia.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\VL.EditingFramework.vl\VL.EditingFramework.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\VL.Editors.vl\VL.Editors.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

RestoreTask: : ERROR C:\Users\Igor\Documents\vvvv\gamma-preview\Exports\src\VL.CoreLib.vl\VL.CoreLib.vl.csproj(0,0): Unable to find package VLML.ONNX. No packages exist with this id in source(s): local_1, local_2, local_3, local_4, local_5, local_6, Microsoft Visual Studio Offline Packages, nuget.org, vvvv-public-feed

Done building project "HelloWorldBuilder2.vl.csproj" -- FAILED.

----
There was a problem exporting your Application!
The text in the console above is already in your clipboard. Please send it to us via forum or chat.

Hey. I think I was able to improve the situation and you can try in an upcoming build again and see whether it works for you.

I’m only writing “improve” because the proper fix I wasn’t able to do yet. Internally I have to translate some assembly references to package references, but to do that I’m using a stupid guessing game (which was also the reason why an unused locally developed package would suddenly make it into the exported project) instead of walking the full package dependency tree. Which I can’t really do yet as we need to update the used NuGet API first - something I’m trying to avoid at all cost ;)
But pretty sure this whole thing will re-surface so guess I’ll have to bite the bullet rather sooner than later…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.