DX9Texture / TexCoords

cheers,

i am trying to create a texture with TexCoords that measures 9600 x 2208, but out of TexCoords or respectively of the DX9Texture in the subpatch is always coming 8192 x 2208.

I have no idea why that is. Its not an integer multiple of each other. Or is there a max size for textures of 8192, since its a power of 2 number?

thanks! larifari

Thats almost certainly cropped by your gpu max size I’m afraid.

so how do i get the gpu in the inspektor to change that? no just kidding.
but this does mean this card cant do more - is this a general limit or is every card different?
thanks!
l

cards are different. check the “Caps” output of the Device (EX9 Auto) node, which reports MaxTextureWidth/Height (note: needs a Renderer (EX9) open to be working!)

ah ok, says max is 16384 x 16384 - so should work no?

hm…indeed. so i wonder if there is another constraint when using DX9Texture…

two ideas:

• DX9Texture has an input called “Repair” (via Inspektor). what happens if you turn that off?
  • can you try loading a FileTexture with a size larger than 8192 and see if that loads correctly?

Hm, actually, an Info(EX9.Texture) after TexCoords says 9600x2208.
But the Writer (EX9.Texture) after it just puts out 8192x2208.

Okay I think I found it - as a PNG the resulting file is 8192x2208, as DDS or JPG its 9600x2208, so it seems its related to PNG format, no?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.