One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop?
We will give an overview of the dx11.particles pack and dig a bit deeper into the nodes to show, how everything works together.
Also we give you an idea, how to customize the particlesystem for your special needs in complex projects.
In the end there will be creative patching time where we will answer your questions. The goal is to build a creative tool in combination with kinect + vive.
What 3 tags describe your workshop?
dx11.particles, VR, Kinect
In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
How long will your workshop be?
Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Anyone who is interested in particlesystems
What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
Medium/good, dx11 (HLSL, Compute Shader) knowledge
What will attendees of your workshop learn?
- architecture of dx11.particles
- how to use and combine emitters, selectors, modifiers, effectshaders to create complex scenarios
- customizing dx11.particles
- integration in other pipelines (eg. Instance Noodles pack)
- using dx11.particles with external hardware like Kinect or HTC Vive
What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
DirectX11 Graphics card (Shader model 5) notebooks
Windows 8 or 10
In which chapters is your workshop structured?
- quick introduction to dx11.particles
- the heart of dx11.particles: emitters, selections & modifiers
- explanation of buffers and their job during one frame in the dx11.particles lifecycle
- how to create custom attributes / emitters / selectors / modifiers
- creative patching + Q&A
Who would be the two hosts?
Robert Willner (tmp) & Marko Ritter (velcrome)
How would the hosts qualify for the topic?
Both hosts work at www.intolight.de and created some helpful packs for vvvv over the past years (e.g. message or dx11.pointcloud)