Damper problem /serial input

hello,

i am still catching with the serial problem. I am moving a big map in x/y direction controlled by serial input. it works really nice with mouse input or serial input generatet with hyperterminal or director.

when I get the input with the final serial device the map will flicker, jumps around…

First I thought there are wrong values, something wrong in the regex, but in hyperterminal everything looks fine. I have done a few v4 projects with the same serial device and everythings works fine…

After I deactivated the damper on the map movement there was everything OK, the map behaves fine… (unfortunately without the nice damper effect).

Who can give me a tip where to start fixing my problem… actualy I am little confused…

regards

do you use Tokenizer (String) somewhere? you should.

yes I use the tokenizer with an S+H node behind.

the string is “value one;value two”. when I got this token I regex (/d*);(/d*)

I looks very simple, the parsed values look fine in my outboxes…

Hmmm.

hi,

i got it! my serial test modul - written in director - puta out 20 y/y strings per seconds. when I set this to 100/sec I get the same behaviour like with the controller. After switching the tokenizer mode from Spread to Enqueue or Discard everythings is going fine.

but one more question: whats the best setting for the tokenizer. Discard or Enqueue? My Screen ist shifted over a big picture… 2-4 Meter… The Encoder send as much values as he could when it is shifted, when not, theres no signal.

I think I should always get the last value… when the encoder sends more then 60 times per second I get a delay with enqueue property?

regards

exacly - encode will store up the values, so you will get an ever increasing delay when the sender is faster than the receiver.
discard is the easiest option, as it will output the last packet and will discard older packets. i think this is what you need.

the spread mode gives you all received values in one bunch. so you could calculate the average, the maximum or even extrapolate the received values. this could help e.g. if your sensor has some delay, or reports unstable values. the best way of doing this is very much dependent of the sensor and the physical setup.