Crash when trying to move pins

Heyhey

I finally get around to trying all the newstuff in VL! Fun.

I got around a bug: when I click on the little gray arrow to the right of an operation, like that:

(I’ve made a second input called Result in this case, but this has nothing to do with the crash. Also happens when there’s only one input)

When I try to interact with the inputs, I get an error, and vvvv crashes. Here’s the error message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VL.Model.ModelExtensions.GetTopElement(IEnumerable`1 elements) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.Lang\src\ImmutableModel\Helper\ModelExtensions.cs:line 483
at VL.Lang.View.CanvasView.ClickMethod(VMouseEventArgs downArg, VMouseEventArgs upArg) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\ModelViews\CanvasView.cs:line 893
at VL.Core.Viewer.Handler.<>cDisplayClass13_0.b1(VMouseEventArgs up) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL.UI.Core\Viewer\EventHandler.cs:line 431
at VL.Core.Viewer.Handler.ParallelMouseHandler.MouseUp(VMouseEventArgs arg) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL.UI.Core\Viewer\EventHandler.cs:line 248
at VL.Lang.View.CanvasView.HandleMouseUp(Object sender, VMouseEventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\ModelViews\CanvasView.cs:line 736
at VL.GraphicalEditor.Piccolo.GraphEditor.FCanvas_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\PiccoloGraphicalEditor\GraphEditor.cs:line 152
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Piccolo.NET.PCanvas.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

vvvv crashes when I try to patch after this error - windows says ‘The program has stopped working’
I haven’t found which interaction lets it crash - I was able to select it once, but after deselecting and selecting again it crashed. Also when trying to move or rename them it crashes.

Hope that helps, tell me if I should try anything else.

i don’t get a crash, but can’t move them (alpha from 24.10.)

the crash is known, thanks.
@sebl you can only move the pins after you unchecked the misteriously unnamed “auto sort pins” checkbox right before the pins…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.