Crash when starting on LattePanda Delta

just wanted to try gamma 21.3 stable on a pristine LattePanda Delta with Windows 10 20H2 Pro but could not launch it.

EventViewer shows a .net exception

Application: vvvv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at VL.Core.CommandLineArguments..ctor()
   at VL.Core.CommandLineArguments..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
   at VL.VLContext.Create(System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at VL.Applications.Program.Main(System.String[])

i installed gamma including build tools, which were ticked OFF in the installer, btw.

interestingly, 21.4-02 preview runs as you would expect. did any changes happen from the stable version related to this?
(btw. stable 21.3 still does not run after installing 21.4-02 preview)

There is no difference other than that they use different folders for nuget and in documents for the settings. Which could be a hint.

You could try to delete all related folders and files…

If you make it work, pls let us know, planning to use it in a project

comparing the setting xml and the respective folders in %AppData% did not show any differences (except that the help browser xml files were not yet there for stable).

however, after uninstalling and reinstalling the stable version, everything worked as expected. the only difference was that this time i did not check the “install build tools” checkbox when installing. i guess something went wrong during the first install…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.