Connecting seperate VVVV programs together

Is it possible to have one vvvv patch open another vvvv patch and close itself? like, could I set it so that when i pressed a particular button it would close Itself and open up another patch which would then be able to link back to the other patch? I would search for this functionality but don’t know the correct terms. thanks in advance!

yes.

you know how to create start.bat files?
one can simply call them with [shellexecute]. see its helppatch

but

in most cases it’s better to simply dis- or enable subpatches. you can also try the hidden evaluate pin of subpatches.
if that really isn’t enough i’d then first try to switch patches (fullblown example: https://vvvv.org/contribution/svvvvitcher)

what @sebl describes would be automatic behaviour
this is useful in permanent installations, e.g. as a WatchDog over the main vvvv instance

if, instead, you mean during patching (which isn’t clear from your description or the title) just select a bunch of nodes with the mouse and hit Ctrl+G

Thankyou, I will experiment with what sebl said, that sounds more like what I am talking about. Sorry for not being clearer, as I said, this idea just popped into my head without me having any idea as to how i should term it :p

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.