Connect to a mqtt-broker using ssl

Hi,

I am trying to connect to test.mosquitto.org via vvvv.
I do need to use the encrypted port, because I want to receive messages from a button on https-website. The buttons are tested and working.
The website needs to be encrypted because of other features that need to be able to use camera/microphone.

When using the non-encrypted port, the client-node connects immediately without any problems.
When switching to the ssl-port, the client can´t connect.

Any way to get this working using the existing mqtt-plugin?

Best, Chris

Just to push the question: anyone, who can help me out here?
I have to build a prototype until some day next week and was wondering if I really need to switch to node red or such to get this up and running…

i’m afraid it seems you’re the first one in the vvvvorld to need a secure mqtt connection. i don’t think we have anything ready available.

Well I feel honored being the first in some stuff while writing in THIS forum.
Didn´t happen in 15 years :-D

Nevertheless I won´t miss to tell you why I do need secure mqtt.
Simple thing to be honest: I do need to embed an online meeting iframe on the same website I do place the respective buttons sending mqtt-messages. This does only work on ssl-encrypted websites (due to chrome blocking camera/mic if it´s an unsecure site). So I ended up having to encrypt websocket-mqtt and this doesn´t work in vvvv as the handshake doesn´t work.

That´s it. I´m sure there´s other solutions to get around this problem, but for now I´ll switch to node red for signal routing, which is quite a bit of a fun tool btw. And I can put it on a raspi in the end…

You learn a bit of code you can sort it ) otherwise sorry I’m busy atm…if you still looking for it can spend some time on it tommo

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.