Change Kinect Index

Hello dear vvvv forum,

Im a 3d Motion-Artist and we are now using the realtime enviroment vvvv. Im so happy to use vvvv for one of our projects :)

We connect two Kinects Xbox 360 on one laptop to track the movement of two people in two seperate rooms. The kinect-node show me that the Kinect count is 2 and I would like to switch between the two Kinects. The kinect-node have a input pin called “index”. I assume this is the pin to switch between the two Kinects. But when I change the value to 1 it don’t change an remain the value 0.

Any tips why i cant change the value ?

Hi, i’m not sure, but as i remember i had something troubling with two kinects before they started to work. I think you should try to restart vvvv after u changed index, and if that works, you can create two kinect nodes and switch between them…

Oh ok thanks i will try :)

Hey,

I tried and it worked like a charm :) Thank you a lot.

First I disconnected my Kinects. Then turn on the PC. Built my Patch in vvvv with the two different index pins in the Kinect-nodes. Turn off the PC then connected the Kinects, started and it worked like a charm :)

vvvv is awesomeness :D

Here the final vvvv patch :)

And here we have a small documentation video (which sadly dont really represent the interactivity of the installation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e-L1NwUDk

Made in the third semester at the DHBW University in Ravensburg Germany

2 Likes

nice project, always good to see students get something done with vvvv.

here is a nice read that could improve the patch quite a bit in terms of readability:

I find Subpatches (for me as beginner) rather confusing. Maybe i just need get used to it in the future projects :)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.