Camera (Transform Blender)

Really due at this point… move in 3D a la Blender, now I ll need some rehab to think vvvv in a Blender way…
S.

EDIT:

*scroll to zoom

*MMB to rotate

*SHIFT+MMB to move

Camera (Transform Blender).v4p (56.2 kB)

Ok now with some fixes, not sure if re-centering should go with SHIFT-C or keep R long press. Probably I ll keep R since in Blender SHIFT-C also takes into account the objects in the scene.

Camera (Transform Blender).v4p (56.8 kB)

I cleaned up a little bit and added Dolly, and fixed the wrap mouse (increment cycle) only if mouse button down on a DirectX Renderer which never worked for me not even in Camera (Soft Image), something weird with Mouse (Global) so I did something different with switches.
Bindings as follow:

Scroll to zoom
ALT+scroll to dolly (not present in Blender)
Press MMB and drag to rotate
Press SHIFT+MMB to move
R long press to reset

So now it only works when the renderer is active window and it won t skip when you come back to it.
S.

Camera (Transform Blender).v4p (55.7 kB)

wouldn’t it be better to SHIFT+scroll to dolly? that way, you would only need one mutator key.

thanks io. the module comes in very handy.

You make a point, accepted.
Next step is to add the key bindings as in Blender when there is no scroll wheel.

Overall I have to say that among the other this is becoming my favorite way of controlling the camera, it seems so natural to scroll to zoom, middle button to rotate, etc. Dunno if it is mainly because I am a Blender user …

S.

Scroll to zoom
SHIFT+scroll to dolly (not present in Blender)
Press MMB and drag to rotate
Press SHIFT+MMB to move
R long press to reset

Camera (Transform Blender).v4p (56.6 kB)

Available as contribution:
contribution/camera-with-blender-style-control