Boygroup DX11 texture links randomly break

I am using 50beta35.8_x64 with the latest DX11, and boygrouping via TCP a complex set of patches on three PCs. At startup, I randomly (about half the time) see the 3rd system screens go all white, because it is missing a link between two boygrouped DX11.TextureFX nodes.

On the server PC, if I delete and Ctrl-Z the link back, the client PC then gets it and displays an image. This only happens on the 3rd PC, the 2nd PC (client #1) always works. I have saved the patch after doing this, and after manually recreating the link, and it makes no difference in future runs, still not there on client #2 about half the time…

Of course I cannot make this happen in a small debug patch. Any ideas, things to try? Thanks!

hm… sounds odd as you say it is also always the same connection? one idea:

start the boygroup (without any patch, just the boygroup setup), then first boygroup a tty renderer, then open the patches. so now the tty would log problems and it would be interesting to see if there is an error message that says something like “couldn’t connect pins…”

I’ve investigated this further (it is happening 3 out of 4 times now), and the link actually shows up on the client, but no texture is flowing through it. Deleting the link and Ctrl-Z make it work.

I can boygroup in a Preview node and see on the client the output is there at the head of the link. But the Blend node that is at the output end just gets white (as if there is no texture).

The receiving end of this link is an output texture pin of a sub-patch. Deleting any link in that path up to the output IO box and restoring it also makes things work.

Could this be some DX11 sequencing issue, where the timing of events on the client is different and the pipeline is not set up properly?

Edit: And yes I will look at the console output, but frankly it is pretty normal to get lots of 'couldn’t connect pins" messages. Thanks!

Also, this always happens on client #2, not #1. But the systems are doing different things, as #1 has more screens and is using the system number to control texture routings, so timing would be different on the two systems.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.