Best way of handling huge ammounts of data

hi, I’m doing some image processing stuff in vvvv at the moment and need to handle large amount of (pixel)data. if i work with huge spread counts (1 000 000 and above) vvvv cpu load (and memory … because of the xml related stuff) maxes out. so my question, is whats the best way of working with high spread counts in vvvv (I know, maybe I should have a look at c for that purpose, but I enjoy the vvvv way a lot)?!

much thanks
andreas

hi andreas,

if its really pixel data, maybe a shader could do it.

in many cases however a shader is too restrictive through the parallel architecture. then maybe freeframe plugin will do it?

yeah, I know freeframe/c++ is the way to go … but I’m sketching/experimenting a lot and therefore I prefer the quick workflow of vvvv. … and the most important thing - I hate pointers ;)

for the moment I’m working row based (in deutsch: zeilenweise) but I’m at a point where I wanna do some more complex calculations and therefore I need the whole pixeldata at once.

much thanks
andreas

p.s.: are you guys around in berlin at the moment, maybe drink some beer together before the autumn/winter comes.