I inherited a projection mapping project gone wrong, they tried to do a 3d workflow with 2d technology. Now the customer is thinking about taking a second approach I’d be glad to hear your opinions.
They have 5 projectors in a cave-like setup with several objects in front of the walls. Unfortunately the projectors are not very solid and tend to move a little bit from time to time. Also the objects tend to move a little bit (we’re talking about millimeters) when they are cleaned.
I need a solution that can do:
- 3d projection mapping (has 3d model, uv-mapping)
- multi-projector playout (boygrouping)
- 3d softedge feathering, softedge areas are also located somewhere in space
- 3d brightness correction, areas closer to the projector have to be dimmed
- 3d black-level adjustment, areas hit only by the light of one projetor have to be brightened to match overlapped areas and actually the black level has to be brightness corrected everywhere
- automatically camera calibration of projector parameters with multiple cameras or a ptz cam
- automatically calibration of projector brightness, gamma and color unifomity
- automated mesh deform to match the real world positions of the objects
There are also several LCDs in the room, so a nice bonus would be to match the LCDs and projection and to match all of this with the ambient light.
I know most of this can be done with disguise but at a price tag where my customer would kick my butt thru the door. All of this can also be done with vvvv (because everything can be done with vvvv) but I guess nobody has done all of this before, right?
If there are any takers here, that’s your opportunity to offer your support. If you know of any other solution please share your vvvvisdom.