I’m Currently working on box2d nodes collection.
As the library has a lot of functions to implement, I could use some help for this :)
I already got some functions working:
- World node which you can assign to a body.
- Circle and Box nodes (with all parameters)
- Polygon node (still quite unstable, but usable)
- Collision Detection (works but need some rewrite).
Some of the features planned are:
- Improvement for the body creation/destruction, and attributes updates (main priority).
- AABB queries (quick way to find all bodies in an area).
- All joints (distance/pulleys/revolute,prismatic and gear)
- Include damping for bodies (linear and anglar)
- Multiple shapes per body (would make things more complex but much more versatile)
- Collision filter (definitely not a priority this one).
- Apply forces, impulses and torques
As you see, there’s some more work to do :)
Just a few notes about implementation as well:
- Plugin is written in c++ (managed+unamaged). The original version is used rather than the c# port.
- The new node IO features are used (so beta20+ only).
- As much as possible inheritance for nodes or any internals is used to avoid duplication and easily have common behaviour between similar nodes.
So if you want to help, gimme a shout (here, or I’m often hanging around on irc vvvv channel).
That’s it :)