An advanced video player patch already exist ?!

Hello,

before spending time to make an advanced video player with scrubbing , speed control,
blending mode (add,disolve, alpha, chroma etc … ) between 2 or more movie layers etc …

i want to know if someone did already this kind of Patch ? and if its online somewhere for download .? … i want to make a VJ personalized interface with full midi control …

if this kind of patch already exist i can maybe use it and modify it for my need .

thanks for your answers/supports

/Yaniv

started together with a friend such a project, the mixer is specialzed for behringer bcr2000 usb-midi-controller. but i think thats not what you looking for, it doesnt deal with video files at all but with single frames. you have to prepare all clips you want to use as a series of single frames ( .jpg, .png, .bmp, …), the blending modes are simple, the focus is on 3d effects (scaling, rotation, …) and sound reactivity.

have seen 2 other video mixers around here …

Cool, can you give me this Patch ?
and also can you tell me more about the 2 others Video mixers you seen here ??
what i will do , is take existent patches and make mine with these patches … change things , add things etc …
of course when its finished … i will publish it here !
i will try to do something very complete.

thanks

/Yaniv

Anonymous:
started together with a friend such a project, the mixer is specialzed for behringer bcr2000 usb-midi-controller. but i think thats not what you looking for, it doesnt deal with video files at all but with single frames. you have to prepare all clips you want to use as a series of single frames ( .jpg, .png, .bmp, …), the blending modes are simple, the focus is on 3d effects (scaling, rotation, …) and sound reactivity.

have seen 2 other video mixers around here …

Here i found an Old link with a video mixer but it seems that on the new website /forum there arent all old messages :( :’(

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:yQrTGmfPQEoJ:vvvv.org/board/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D1074%26view%3Dgetnewpost+"vvvv"+%2B++"video+mixer"+download&hl=nl&client=firefox-a

maybe someone can post here this famous file Mixer_V6.zip

if someone else has made a video mixer i really want to test them :)

thanks a lot and waiting for testing your(=vvvv users) video mixers

/Yaniv

The mixer patch was mine.
Its still a work in progress, but I’ll try and get it functional and upload it to my user page.
Currently 2 channel using pixel shaders to do RGB and Brightness Contrast FX
which means you need a pixel shader GFX card.
If you make any improvements please upload a version on the forums as well.
Currently Implimented
Midi CC in about 24 channels so far.
Bugs here are that I havent found a way to initialise values on load so all faders are at 0, which means you cant see anything when it loads.
Theres also no text on it at the moment so you cant tell what does what…
It’ll be on CATWEASEL page, hopefully this afternoon!

Cat

I havent found a way to initialise values on load

yes, we also need a solution for this problem. reader/writer (Value) at elektromeier - modules could help … send me a message if you got it, as i will do.

Thanks so much to put it online ! please keep me informed when its possible to download it.
of course if i make inprovment i will keep you informed … i m a .NET / ActionScript 2.0 / Java Experimented developer … also familiar with AfterFX (with MM Script)
then i hope i will be able to do nice things rapidly …

/Yaniv

catweasel:
The mixer patch was mine.
Its still a work in progress, but I’ll try and get it functional and upload it to my user page.
Currently 2 channel using pixel shaders to do RGB and Brightness Contrast FX
which means you need a pixel shader GFX card.
If you make any improvements please upload a version on the forums as well.
Currently Implimented
Midi CC in about 24 channels so far.
Bugs here are that I havent found a way to initialise values on load so all faders are at 0, which means you cant see anything when it loads.
Theres also no text on it at the moment so you cant tell what does what…
It’ll be on CATWEASEL page, hopefully this afternoon!

Cat

yes, we also need a solution for this problem. reader/writer (Value) at elektromeier - modules could help … send me a message if you got it, as i will do.

Did try thati think, I but I still get confused all the time with patches!

http://vvvv.org/tiki-index.php?page=UserPagecatweasel

Is the mixer uptill now.
I havent really worked on it for a while, so its still a work in progress, they’ve been getting neater with each version though as I get used to spreading thing!
See you you get on with it, might be good for a starting point!

Cat

Thanks catweasel,

i try to launch your patch. i see the render window, but on the interface there arent slides, and the buttons… i can only see all thumbnails of my videos loops.

maybe its a bug or i didnt make something correclty :)

can you help me

/Yaniv

catweasel:

Did try thati think, I but I still get confused all the time with patches!

http://vvvv.org/tiki-index.php?page=UserPagecatweasel

Is the mixer uptill now.
I havent really worked on it for a while, so its still a work in progress, they’ve been getting neater with each version though as I get used to spreading thing!
See you you get on with it, might be good for a starting point!

Cat

Ok, i see the problem.

its a path problem !! sometimes you use a .v4p from :
vvvv_33beta7.4/Mixer6
or
vvvv_33beta8/Mixer7
etc…

i will try to create every folders you use …because if i simply change the modules i dont know how to plug them to make it work then i will try to create all folders first :)

let me know if you have a version without this “Path” problem

thanks

/Yaniv

hmmm, hehe

ok, like i told you … you look in the old release on the old vvvv folder …
vvvv_33beta7.4/mixer7 …
on the version you putted it seems that you forget to put some modules that are on the mixer6 ( slider1.v4p and maybe anothers)

its why i cannot see the sliders and buttons etc …

thanks (keep me informed please)

/yaniv

Anonymous:
Ok, i see the problem.

its a path problem !! sometimes you use a .v4p from :
vvvv_33beta7.4/Mixer6
or
vvvv_33beta8/Mixer7
etc…

i will try to create every folders you use …because if i simply change the modules i dont know how to plug them to make it work then i will try to create all folders first :)

let me know if you have a version without this “Path” problem

thanks

/Yaniv

Thats weird I tried moving the folder to another location just to check that out, I’ll try and have a look tomorrow and sort it out:(

Yes, but you can really trust me hehe …
it mess files !!! :) from another folders (your old version mixer6)
maybe few files but i saw only one and i stopped to search why it dont work
i found that Slider1.v4p was missing because vvvv check into another folder (mixer6 folder) heh

/Yaniv

catweasel:
Thats weird I tried moving the folder to another location just to check that out, I’ll try and have a look tomorrow and sort it out:(

Ok I had to manually edit all the file paths, so hopefully this will work! Please let me know if it doesn’t and I’ll try again!
Sorry it took me so long, I had a project to finish this weekend!

Cat