ALT+2 Crashing Dx11 Renderer/Preview on Beta 39 64bit

Hey Everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Recently updated to vvvv beta 39 64x, downloaded with the auto installer with the latest dx11 nodes pack.

Every time I try to set a Render DX11 or Preview DX11 to a boxed display node using alt+2, vvvv crashes. I can reliably reproduce this from a blank patch after startup. Everything else seems to work, alt+1, alt+3, alt+enter, and older patches I’ve written that already have the nodes in the alt+2 mode load and work as expected.

Does not seem to have any issues with the EX9 variations, or when using subpatches.

I have tried using the dx11 pack from my previous working installation, but it doesn’t seem to effect the outcome.

Am I the only person getting this, and does anyone have any tips for resolving/working around it/debugging it? TTY Renderer doesn’t show anything either when the dx11 renderer is created or when it crashes. Is there a way to get like a crash report?

hei polite,
i’m afraid this is a known issue with no solution yet. thanks for brdinging it up again.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Apologies if it was a repost, I couldn’t find anything via search when I looked.

I’ll keep using an older version for now.

We finally tracked this one down. Upcoming preview builds (>= 40.0.0-19) will have this fixed. Thanks again for the report.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.