Akai APC mini

Hey guys,

ive bought a Akai APC Mini - midicontroller and was wondering if someone has created a patch for this in beta or vl. Akai APC Mini

Would be great if someone could share their version. If there is none i will create one using its default midi preset :)

Something like this?

1 Like

oof! ive swear ive searched before posting. no idea what happened there. Thx @miik ;D

So MidiSysex_Send appears to crash a lot for me. When it does it freezes vvvv, which unfreezes if i disconnect the apcmini from usb. Restarting the patch wont help, you will need to unplug/plugin the midi controller at least once.

The only solution ive found so far is adding a monoflop to limit the send out to sending every ~0.15 seconds.
Ive connected the change to the last output of spellvalue to make sure theres no timing errors, between midi in → translate → midi out.

Had a look if this could be done in vl and found a midi sysex message node but there was no help patch. Might have a look when i have more time.

mh never mind this doesnt fix the crashing issue

Blockquote Faulting application name: vvvv.exe, version: 40.0.0.28, time stamp: 0x5f03a06c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1237, time stamp: 0x71e81044
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000043b29
Faulting process ID: 0x3fe8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dbec44d8a281
Faulting application path: C:\vvvv\vvvv_beta_40_x64\vvvv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 2f05ee98-09ab-4c90-922d-e133aca5d49f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Idk, if you just struggle with midi, you can look on TodoMap, it allows you to use both OSC and MIDI on same values and there is options with feedback also

I’ve been using it successfully for quite a while, here example patch for one of my controllers:
XONE-K2.zip (14.7 KB)

Small demo how to setup todo map with vvvv exposed, sadly YouTube erased longer tutorial

Hey @antokhio ,
thanks totally forgot about TodoMap! Sadly i cant really use it since im parsing my midi Button Layout from an excel file.

So i think ive found another possible issue with the APC Mini. Basically everytime i move a few slider at the same time, while updating the LED lights on the controller, it crashes.
So ive added some logic to check for buffer Overflow before sending out Midi to the LEDs.

ive also replaced the MidiSysEx Out with MidiSHortOut nodes.

I currently cant get it to crash this way, It still feels kind of unsafe for production. I guess the controller crashes when it sends/receives to much at the same time, but thats just a guess from testing.

Hello @gegenlicht i am also working on a vl approach for apc mink since a while, although I came through a weird problem. VL doesnt recognize always my apc mini. Which is not happening, apparently, with other software such as ableton live.
So I left is aside for now, I ll get back with a link after uploading it on my GitHub.
BTW if anybody has any insight for what is going on with midi in and if I have to send any sysex msg in specific to my device in order to “activate” it please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.