3d projection?

Hello forum,

I have tried the mapping projection technique and have some questions :

1 - Is there a way to reduce the points on the mesh *( I am using the mesh editor with the node box ) because is so many points (and they are over each other) and is hard to move them without making a mess and get very confuse ?

• I could not try the point editor (3d persistent) because it was not in the node list.

2 - I used the grid editor to cover all faces of my real box and work very fine (without mapping the real world) … what is the difference in use this technique compare to work with the normal mapping technique in matters of final result ? (I supposed for project over a more complex object , you have to map the real world).

3- where I can find a node group with more than 02 pins ?

box.jpg (141.7 kB)

the pictute i attached is the final result work using the grid editor without mapping (and not using the node projector)

• to reduce point count try optimize?! (never used it before)
  • alternativly tag points and modify them as a group as explained in some help patch. that way you should be able to keep control of many vertices.
  • pointeditors shows up in my node list. hm. “reinstalling might fix the problem”?!

cool! seems to work fine. did you use any kind of camera? do you have something connected to the renderers view and projection transforms? any kind of perspective distortion?

the only difference i can think of is: when editing points in a 2d manner (like with a point or grid editor) the z component is ignored. for mapping the edges and corners of the 3d surfaces this is ok, however for correct perspective distortion within the texture it would be important that also the z components somehow match the real worlds situation.

throwing a homography node into the patch (after pointeditor & before rendering) could solve that problem, if there is one. check a checker board and look at the projection in the real world)

open the inspector and select a group node…

Ok gregsn, thanks for your reply ….

1 - Tag points helps a lot.

2 - I use the camera softimage (image attached) …

I saw a little distortion only …. My problem is the resolution. In one part of the box is good and in the other one is bad …. Is there any solution for this ?

Homography ? …. Sounds good…. but may I ask in with patch are you saying ? if is in the grid editor patch, how I am going to manage the node in fullscreen ?

3 – ok … finally my patchs are going to look more organized.

Hello forum,

I have tried the mapping projection technique and have some questions :

1 - Is there a way to reduce the points on the mesh *( I am using the mesh editor with the node box ) because is so many points (and they are over each other) and is hard to move them without making a mess and get very confuse ?

• I could not try the point editor (3d persistent) because it was not in the node list.

2 - I used the grid editor to cover all faces of my real box and work very fine (without mapping the real world) … what is the difference in use this technique compare to work with the normal mapping technique in matters of final result ? (I supposed for project over a more complex object , you have to map the real world).

3- where I can find a node group with more than 02 pins ?

3d.jpg (99.9 kB)

the jpeg image

3d.jpg (99.9 kB)