VL.RCP update using event listener?

We are using the VL.RCP nuget to have a UI running in a web browser. Currently the RCP server receiving part is running in Update. We have limited it to not run every frame, but something like 30fps. Our UI has A LOT of parameters, so any update is always updating a lot of parameters (>3000).

My question would be, can RCP also work with its own operation that only fires when updates to parameters are received from the RCP server? That would make everything so much more lean and sensible.

From speaking with Ingo about RCP, he said that it should be possible to have it work like that from the standpoint of the architecture of RCP.

i’m afraid i cannot follow. please add a basic example demonstrating how you’re using RCP and pointing out then where you see a problem and what you’re hoping to change.

The question is about having events/observables for every value received from the WebSocket instead of having to check everything on update which gets quite expensive when there are that many parameters.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

this has now been realized as a breaking change in latest vl.io.rcp 0.7.0-alpha which is using Channels to interface with the parameters.

1 Like