VL.Devices.uEye

Started work on nodes for uEye cameras by ids-imaging

1 Like

iā€™m currently implementing a lot of methods for that sdk. things like SetBinning, SetFramerate, etc.

at the moment those are small process nodes that i assemble for my special usecase here. i think at some point we can join forces and make a single useable node out of those.

1 Like

is this just working with cameras from IDSā€™s ā€œUIā€ lineup?

yes

Hi sebl, gigE and USB ?

yes

1 Like

thereā€™s a new nuget available with a preview of the reworked lib.

not all features are ported yet and there are breaking changes.
however, the new design should be much faster and safer. if everything works well, the missing features can be ported easily

so, please report issues and feedback

thereā€™s now a component-based system where you connect desired features upstream to the ueye node. use CTRL + to add more feature pins.

goodie is that it also comes with an inspector that allows you to control the features in a visual way. the values for the features can also be set via patch, which takes precedence and should be done for reloading settings on patch startup. so, use the inspektor for exploring good values and then set them in patch might be a best practice.

see video (which already is a bit outdated)

7 Likes

the inspektor thingie is dope!

1 Like

https://www.nuget.org/packages/VL.Devices.uEye/0.2.10-alpha is up which fixes lots of stuff and is now able to change pixelformat on the fly.

looking stable for meā€¦ if thereā€™s testers out there, please report

4 Likes

some major changes happened and thereā€™s 0.2.14-alpha available for testing. this needs at least gamma 2020.1-032 and ids driver 4.93 (also the starter firmware must match - check ids camera manager)

hey Sebl
error thrown by the command line
same goes for 0.2.14 and 0.2.15
Attempting to gather dependency information for package ā€˜VL.Devices.uEye.0.2.14-
alphaā€™ with respect to project ā€˜C:\Users\lap\AppData\Local\vvvv\gamma\nugetsā€™, t
argeting ā€˜Any,Version=v0.0ā€™
Unable to load the service index for source http://vvvv.org:8111/guestAuth/app/n
uget/v1/FeedService.svc/.
An error occurred while sending the request.
Unable to connect to the remote server
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 148
.251.126.19:8111

What are you doing to get that error? (As detailed as possible)

sorry for the too quick message but finally i found that:
when installing the nuget from command line on a Windows 8.1 machine i get those errors
in fact with any nuget packages (not this particular one)

From a fresh windows 10 no worry, i keep you posted on the ueye lib after my tests

Hi,
we have an uEye U3-3680XCP and need to implement it to vvvv gamma / beta.
I installed the latest version of VL.Devices.uEye (0.3.4) and tried the nodes in gamma 2021.4.8 on Win11.
Unfortunately gamma throws an error ā€œ___out_2ā€ does not exist.

Also, IDS has changed their software to IDS Peak Cockpit. I hope this doesnā€™t bring any additional complications. IDS peak - IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH

Hopefully someone can help us with the implementation. We have a small budget on that project, and could even pay for the implementation.

Best
Julian

You have to install the same driver/sdk as the plugin was built with. The new peak doesnā€™t work and never will with this plugin. Back in the days I didnā€™t find a c# wrapper for the peak stuffā€¦

Iā€™d suggest use a cam that works with the ueye sdk. Much cheaper than making a wrapper for peak.

Hi sebl,
thank you for your quick reply.
The U3-3680XCP was the only model that was available shortly.
IDS is changing the design of the cameras and the upcomming models will all work with Peak. So I think it would be good to integrate Peak to vvvv.
The current version of Peak comes with an SDK, and I was already able to load the .net library into gamma.
But now I need some support with the implementation.

yes, i have also seen that there are now .net bindings for the peak sdk available. anyway it would need a complete rewrite of the plugin/wrapper.

i donā€™t have the time to do this in the near futureā€¦

a most basic version of an implementation based on the new IDS peak SDK is now available for testing here: NuGet Gallery | VL.Devices.IDS 0.0.1-alpha

1 Like