PinGroups and Spectral nodes

hey,
i just patched my own version of a MultiFlipFlop, because I wanted to have a spread (i.e. dynamic input count) as an input instead of (static) number of pins.
basically it is a duplicate of the logic that is already available in the vanilla MultiFlipFlop with the one single exception that the input pin is not annotated as PinGroup:

grafik

grafik

grafik

this immediately brings up the question, whether or not this duplication is actually necessary (i might be overseeing a feature of VVVV here). wouldn’t it be nice to just configure such nodes in way that instead of pingroups with single pins you get a spectral version with a single spread input (without duplicating logic in two definitions).

looking at e.g. Stride’s Group vs. Group (Spectral) nodes shows that Group actually just wraps Group (Spectral). there are probably cases where it makes sense to have different functionality for the different varianty - mostly this is probably not the case…

any thoughts on this?

2 Likes

oh, right after posting i remembered the VL-Language github forum and found exactly those thoughts there already. sorry for duplicating.

1 Like

Just FYI there is a spectral MultiFlipFlop in VL.Addons.

2 Likes