Older previews broken after installing 0179 preview

After installing the latest preview 0179, I cannot run any older previews. No HDE extensions work anymore (help browser, error view, etc.) and if I open a patch in an older preview (5.3-0380), it doesn’t compile.

Is there anything that the new installer does that could affect older previews? I noticed a .NET 8 SDK install task, that was running during the new installer, which should not be necessary as I have the .NET 8 SDK installed. My system is unusable atm, no vvvv runs anymore and I have no clue what I can do to fix it.

What can I do/change to make older previews work again? My current projects all use an older 5.3 preview. Stable 5.2 works normally, though.

I’ve installed the new preview with the gamma launcher. The older previews run from a custom location in the project repository on another drive. Could that be an issue?

Also, can anyone reproduce this error, or is that only on my machine?

Got it, I had to recompile VL.StandardLibs, which was used as a source dependency. Works again and it was probably not caused by the new vvvv preview installation, more likely by some .NET issue and/or nuget package conflict, but I can’t say that for sure.

1 Like