Need some HINTS for research - Stride - SystemOutOfMemoryException

This is all amazing cool stuff but far away from this Thread - is it ok when I CHANGE THIS THREAD to

WIP “VL.Stride.TextureLoader”

or does you want to open a new FORUM ENTRY IN WIP?

I mean, not that this nice development got lost or forgotten or visible enough just because it’s wrong labeled

it’s maybe better to make a new, dedicated thread… @Elias @bjoern do you want to create one?

I made a WIP post:

1 Like

hey guys I have problems implementing @elias “async texture”. which @bjoern uses in his textureplayer.

I add the file dependencies “corelib.extensions” and “stride.extensions”, net nugets “sharp dx” and “direct3d11” after creating the async texture node things like the DIR node stop working, stride closes its scene window and won’t open it again.

callmenames-2021-04-16_02.vl (11.4 KB)

after removing the “stride.extensions” it starts working again.
thing is, bjoerns textureplayer works out of the box, so what’s the difference?
What does this “manage processes” node do? I had the async texture working in 2021.3.1 without it perfectly fine.

@schlonzo not exactly sure where you went wrong, but i think the following comes even closer to what you’re looking for:

A node that loads (async) and keeps in VRAM textures that you hand it as filepaths. ie. the input of this node is a spread of filepaths that you may add to and remove at any time. the output is a corresponding spread of textures. all textures no longer used are removed from VRAM.
TextureSpread.zip (18.5 KB)
(posted this because it is using the exact same innards as discussed above. same as with the TexturePlayer we’re planning to add this to VL.Stride in a coming realease)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.