LineIntersectCircle Remake (Gamma 5 preview)

I’d like to recreate this in Gamma, but I can’t be bothered to patch it: I’d like to code a node. I’m experimenting with Gamma 2022.5. preview.
In CMD I’ve called dotnet new classlib to make a new library project and in VSCode I can see the new class1 file, ready to fill.
I guess that the vector operations stuff and spread stuff are in VL.Core so I try to add them as a nuget. I’m guessing that the Nuget source is wrong. Which should it be again? (This could be the first of several questions)

The Vector types are those from Stride (Stride.Core.Mathematics).

1 Like

The nuget feed URL is https://teamcity.vvvv.org/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/ there you can find the 5 preview versions.

Btw since you’re working in 5 preview, you should be able to reference the C# project file from within the VL document. That should make it easy to prototype as any change to the project will be watched by vvvv. We’d be eager to get some early feedback on that rather new and hidden feature :)

4 Likes

Thank you both, @sebescudie and @Elias.

@Elias , The Stride.Mathmatics.Core is okay. I’ve written a couple of static operations that return a vector and a string. Gamma seems to do something with the project (it creates ‘bin’ and ‘obj’ folders filled with all but dlls), so they’re probably getting compiled, but nothing shows up in the node browser.

intersect4VL.zip (926 Bytes)

Now tried with 2022.5.0-0175

Ok thanks, opening with VS you see that

1. It can’t find the teamcity.vvvv.org nuget feed - can be fixed by adding a NuGet.config file with the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <packageSources>
    <add key="vvvv.org" value="https://teamcity.vvvv.org/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/" />
  </packageSources>
</configuration>
  1. There’s a compile error in intersect4VL.vl, it should read new Vector2(1.0f, 1.0f). C# being utterly picky here…

The NuGet.config file shouldn’t be necessary in a release build where we upload the packages to nuget.org
Those errors should be made visible inside of vvvv. Thanks for giving it a spin!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.