Lfo not runnning, need to restart V4 Gamma

Hi, i think i maybe have a .Net issue, but doing simple tests on v4Gamma i have weird bugs:
from time to time creating a LFO and its not outputting any data, or trying to copy paste some nodes, functions not working. I have to restart V4 or restart the computer.
Any idea ? Thank you

Are you sure it doesn’t happen in a very specific patch?
Or does it happen even in a newly created patch?
What version of gamma?

Hello yar, i m on 5.2
I m new to gamma, but experienced user with beta. It happens in “main” patch in an un predictable manner.

can you share the patch?
main question is this happens in your patches or even in blank, newly created patch?
for example, is it happens when you just add couple of lfo in newly created patch?

He is from the beginners class and I can confirm it happens in newly created patches with very simple nodes, no need to share the patch here. Could it be that something under the hood is conflicting, is there some kind of .NET clean-up procedure that would be worth a try?

1 Like

@chk I think it’s necessary to do two things: reinstall .NET completely and try the preview versions
Also, the big question is, what .NET is running right now? Have you updated?

i dont know, i was thinking intalling gamma will do all the job, like with beta. i dont like the idea to uninstall thruth an unofficial package. A .Net issued solutin will be better

in simple patch, creating 2 lfo for example, may occurs, but as a bug, it doesnot occurs all the time

Do you know what .NET you are using?
You should consider updating
Gamma is a kind of IDE and it would be great to know what you need to install in order to how to use it properly

When teaching beginners, I have found that it is not uncommon for problems to occur on custom builds of Windows, or systems that have a lot of different software installed that has made changes to the system in the past.

Good luck if everything works straight away, but if it doesn’t, I wouldn’t recommend reinstalling the system, but you might consider reinstalling and updating the .NET infrastructure.

In general, as far as I remember, it was the same with Beta - you had to install .NET, just the version and installation mechanisms were different, but it was mandatory on a new PC. And in rare cases there were conflicts of these versions and reinstallation also helped.

@karistouf There’s another very tricky nuance. For example, if you don’t know the difference between Mutable and Immutable objects, you may create a patch that slows down execution very much. This often looks like freesizing. I believe Chk who says that there is no problem in the patch, but that’s why I asked questions like the one above

@yar, no its just the beginning, and believe me that putting just 2 lfo as node, for sure we are not in those nuances. I completley uninstall Gamma and reinstalled. We will see how its doing tonight for the course. Thank you

there is no already compiled exe or mscommand just to use to know all .Net config on a computer
, simply ?

@karistouf

can help:

dotnet --list-sdks

for versions below 5 — regedit
I think the most important versions are 6 and 4.8

thank you. It gives:
C:\windows\system32>dotnet --list-sdks
5.0.409 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
6.0.403 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

@karistouf I’m pretty sure that’s not the case, but consider an update. Your SDK is at least a year old.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if it helps.
Runtime differs significantly too: 6.0.11 vs 6.0.24

You can also check runtimes:

dotnet --list-runtimes

Thank you, for runtimes here is the result, and i didnt make updates.

Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.26 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 5.0.17 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.6 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.26 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 5.0.17 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.6 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.1.8 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.1.26 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 5.0.17 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.6 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.11 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]