How to use different gamma & different nuggets versions

Hello, I am quite sure this question was made before in one way or another, but I did not found it on the forums

Problem
I have projects based on old gamma versions that use to work with old fuse nuggets
I can use gammalauncher to run one or another version of vvvv, but the all go for the nuggets on
C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Local\vvvv\gamma\nugets

and latest version of gamma do not work with old Fuse, and latest Fuse do not work with old gamma…
Looking into Referencing Libraries | vvvv gamma documentation

I did try
SET PATH=%PATH%;d:\OldNugs;
vvvv.exe

with no effect at all

What is the correct way of referencing a specific version of vvvv to run on a specific nuget version, or to use a specific nugget folder ?

This will replace the default global location for NuGets with your folder:

vvvv.exe --nuget-path "d:\OldNugs"

This will “add” the nugets in your folder to the ones available in the global location:

vvvv.exe --package-repositories "d:\OldNugs"

You can also do this with @sebescudie 's GammaLauncher

1 Like

It seems that I totally forgot to update GammaLauncher, I did not say that option there
Thanks!

Nuget override = --nuget-path

Package repositories = --package-repositories

Also make sure to have the respective check-boxes ticked on the launch tab.

GammaLauncher

2 Likes

@sebescudie : i learned something here. how about displaying the commandline arguments in the tooltip? then their meaning can be easily decoded in the gamma-documentation.

i’ll make an github issue to discuss this…

Good call, sounds reasonable indeed :)

Yep, please do so I don’t forget next time I work on the launcher :-) Thanks!

2 Likes

thanks!
github issue: Display commandline options in tooltip · Issue #61 · sebescudie/GammaLauncher · GitHub

2 Likes

@ sebescudie as a next feature for the future, I would be great to have a different setting config file for each vvvv installation
So we can launch different versions of gamma versions pointing to different nugget folders :D

This is planed 🙃
Can’t promise when but that’s the next thing after being able to download stables and a couple small fixes.

3 Likes

@sebescudie its been a long time since this post
What is the best current workflow at the moment regarding this topic ?

I would like to experiment with the net 6.2, but I still not sure how to handle different fuse versions, and what fues version goes with what vvvv pre release

Any info is apreciated!

There is this:

https://thegraybook.vvvv.org/changelog/nuget-compatibility-chart.html

Still nothing to report, sadly.