How to get HBAO+ to work?

Hi there,
I saw several people appearently find theire way around the bug in the HBAO+ contribution that causes vvvv to not find a dll file.

it has been reported by several people (See https://vvvv.org/contribution/hbao%20 ) and i am realy curious if anyone knows a quick workaround?

That is the error massage

00:00:24 ERR : Exception occured in TMPluginWrapperNode.Evaluate
00:00:24 ERR : Unable to load DLL ‘HBAOPlus-bridge-vvvv.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Cheers!

hej tekcor,
I’m currently trying to update HBAO+, which might take a while. Lots of weird behaviors and bugs that need to be worked out…
That error could mean multiple things, maybe the runtime dlls are missing, installing the Windows SDK helps here. Also make sure its in the vvvv packs folder, otherwise it has trouble finding the bridge dll.

hey dennis,
thanks for the reply and for diving into HBAO+ implementation.
I hope you find some time for it.

I was wondering if it is possible to extract the individual shader code from your resources.
Had a look at the Paper and I think it could be also possible to do this as a dx11 patch if you have the shaders.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.