DX11 multiple gpus

Does anyone know what useful configurations of multiple gpus there are when using DX11 in v4 beta?

Afaik only one card / device can be used for rendering and the desired card can be selected with something like /force:0. Any other cards in the system can be used for video output (seemingly with a very high overhead) but not for rendering / compute stuff.

Is this true? And if so, what are the implications of using multiple instances with one (force selected) card per instance?

Is anyone else doing anything fancy in this regard?

Yes this true, there is no /force for vvvv, your main gpu will be the one with main monitor flag…

I was under the impression that it will use the card the monitor is on, but that if yoy have a monitor each on 2 cards, it will render to each using that card, ie uploading the scene to both, or separate scenes to each. TExtures have to uploaded to each, and in the case of video that would be every frame.
But I could be wrong!

I thought the same

You can do test yourself with GPU-Z, on PC with two cards, open patch with heavy rendering and check the GPU load… I’ve been testing that quite alot with a multiscreen setups… And yes you can have one fat card to do the rendering and rest will just stream the data…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.