Double entries in nodebrowser

suddenly i have double entries in my nodebrowser. i didn’t touch the root patch nor anything in the folder structure. i had this before but ignored it. but its annoying.

any idea ?

double

its a boygrouping server btw,

when hovering the entries you should see the filepath they come from

mmm, different locations inside lib, right ?

hm…seems they refer to the same file:

• first one via \lib\nodes…\packs
  • second via \lib\packs
    so as if somewhere vvvv doesn’t resolve the path and thinks those are two different paths…

do you have anything in args.txt?
if you take your vvvv-folder as is (without your project) and move it somewhere else, can you reproduce when starting an empty patch? if so, you could send it over for us to debug?!

empty patch, started as server …no double entry. same vvvv. mmm, can’t find the reason.

Delete subpatch restart, see if problem persists.
Continue till the double entries vanish…
A bit time consuming but might work.

i wonder why i encounter the double nodes in beta from time to time. it happend again with the latest and greatest in combination with the DX11 pack.

looks like i found the bugger. this is the official nodelist.xml coming with beta, living in vvvv_beta_39_x64\lib\nodes. therefore should not have any dx11 entries or at least not faulty ones inside the list. check the image below.

deleting the nodelist.xml and creating a new one with the commandline argument makes the double entries disappear.

1 Like

Thank you all for the detailed report. Should be fixed in upcoming buids (>= beta_39.1-4318).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.