Could Someone Give me Advice on Integrating External Data Sources in vvvv?

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to integrate external data sources into vvvv; and I am looking for some guidance on the best approach. Specifically; I aim to incorporate real time sensor data into my vvvv application.

I have explored some basic tutorials on vvvv; but I am now facing challenges in connecting and processing; live data feeds from external APIs or directly from hardware sensors.

My goal is to visualize this data dynamically within vvvv; possibly creating interactive visualizations or real time data driven animations.

How can I efficiently fetch and process live data streams within vvvv? Are there recommended plugins or libraries for handling different data formats?

What are the best practices for integrating data from APIs into vvvv? Any examples or tutorials that demonstrate this process would be greatly appreciated.

If I want to connect vvvv directly to hardware sensors; what steps should I follow? Are there specific nodes or techniques that work well for this purpose?

Also; I have gone through this post: http://discourse.vvvv.org/t/vl-pythonnet-and-ai-worflows-like-streamdiffusion-in-vvvv-gamma-aws-devops/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

I am new to vvvv but eager to learn. Any insights; resources; or personal experiences shared would be immensely helpful in advancing my project.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Check the reference for existing libraries especially AR, CV, Devices, IO, ML and Physical Computing. Install the libraries you are interested in and check their help patches / examples in the help browser.

If you are missing a protocol, device, whatever check out how to extend vvvv.

There is the free (albeit somewhat dated) Node20 Workshop Bundle. It contains amongst others workshops on:

• Networking Protocols
  • An Intro to CV
  • Using ESP8266/ESP32 with vvvv via Wi-Fi
  • Using Nugets and .Net libraries

The Node Institute offers more and up-to-date workshops not for free but really affordable. A selection:

Last but not least if you need help (for a project, wrapping a library …) or want private tutoring check out the For Hire page.

6 Likes