Collapse Regions

How about making regions collapsible.

Alternatively having a function like ctrl+G in Beta where you encapsulated and created a new subpatch with whatever you have highlighted. In Gamma it could be a process node.

I think it would make patching much tidier

sunep

1 Like

Interesting thought, but what about everything else around that collapsed region?

I guess it is a bigger challenge when you have tidied up around a collapsed region and expands it again.

To me those are two different things: Creating a subpatch by selecting and pressing STRG+G
(yes please add this), but I think tebjan said it is already on the list.

And the “collapsing” feels like beta’s ALT+2 to me. I never understood the benefit of being able to peek inside a patch. makes sense if you use it to expose some control values in the patch and do not want to change the parent patch.

But I do not see the benefit in being able to collapse a region. When collapsed there would be a lot of empty space. Then I would move nodes in to fill those gaps. And what if I open up the region again? can’t see what’s underneath there…

1 Like

@schlonzo totally valid points, I was just airing the idea. but I totally miss the ctrl+G functionality when the patch gets too messy.
Then you could perhaps be prompted on what you want to put it in, Process node should probably be the default.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.