What are humans? (To machines)

One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop discussion?
A discussion on- What is human expression to a machine? Why do we bother to capture it and make art with it? What ‘new’ meanings and tropes (if any) exist in interactive experiences for the audience? What are your successes and failures with capturing humans? There are no right answers and lots of opinions, let’s yell about it.

This is more of a creative discussion or forum I’d like to have than a strict workshop. (Apologies if this is not the place to propose it) I forsee first half speaker presentations and last half Q&A with possibility for audience to get up and show and tell (and yell).

What 3 tags describe your workshop?
human expression, art-making, debate

In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
beginner

How long will your workshop be?
3hr

Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Anyone who is interested in a creative discussion on this subject.
Technical and non-technical people.

What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
None, just a creative interest in the subject

What will attendees of your workshop learn?
About how other artists approach these concepts

What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
if the room is large than some wireless microphones to pass around.

Who would be the two hosts?
Toby K
? - Could it be you? I’m coming from Australia to Germany from February 2017. Once I’m in Europe I will hopefully meet someone I could recommend to be a co-host… Or if someone from the forums is interested post below.

How would the hosts qualify for the topic? (Describe and add links to portfolio website, github, vimeo,… accounts)
Toby K - Interactive artist from Australia. www.tobyk.com.au
I’ve been making interactive art for a while. Now I want to argue with others about it.

1 Like