VVVV works on OSX!

I creamed my pants today!

VVVVbeta13 works with parallels 3 !

… except the 3d stuff doesnt display for some reason

vvvvonosx.jpg (115.4 kB)

Needs dx9, parralells is still dx 8 I believe?
You might get an old version running, beta8 maybe, or was that the first dx9 version?

by the way, I always wanted to find out if vvvv would work on WINE, the (open-source) windows emulator for linux? Anyone tried that? Some DirectX Games do work. There’s a chance.
guess all you need to find out is run a knoppix cd, and spend a few hours…

I creamed my pants today!

Oh dear, don’t let mum see that.
OTOH, I wouldn’t use Parallels for anything putting a significant load on processor/graphic card unless you just want to try things out. I’m using a seperate partition for XP dedicated to vvvv, which runs nicely except for some sound routing issues. Recommended!

I’m also running v4 under Mac OSX, but I’m using VMWare Fusion instead of Parallels – full DirectX support and no problems with 3D so far.
Only the performance is not the best since two operating systems have to share the hardware when running it this way…

So as mentioned before by patrick, its only comfortable to use it for testing but not recommended when you need full performance. A second partition with XP installed via Apples Bootcamp is also my choice.

a couple of questions about this setup:

1. middle mouse button??
  2. Can you use the standard windows NVidia driver under bootcamp? or do you need a special bootcamp driver? (i presume that under VMWare/Parallels you get some sort of virtual driver)

the middle mouse menu can also be invoked with SPACE + right mouseclick.

thx joreg, I’ve been asking myself that a couple of times already.