What’s happening in your workshop?
We will understand the basics of the MQTT protocol. We will flash a esp32 using just 1 line of code to set up a ready to use firmware that will let us control it from the internet using vvvv gamma.
We will understand the basics of how to setup an installation or product that needs to be remotely controlled, and online all the time.
You do not need the hardware to follow this workshop. What we do on the the device will be emulated using patches so everyone can follow, if you do have one, great!
What will people learn?
- What is MQTT, why is so popular, how to use it, how to connect to a public broker.
- How to use VL.IO.MQTT.NET
- How to setup our own private broker using a raspberry pi or LinodeVM ( using Docker and portainer, with just 3 lines of code! )
- How to flash a .bin to the ESP32 from usb and set up the wifi and broker credentials in seconds without need of a pc.
- How to remotely flash a device without physical access to it ( OTA )
- How to encode and decode data in Json format from gamma to understand it from the IC
Who is it for?
To anyone who wish to expand the possibilities of vvvv/Gamma to merge data from real sensors, or to interact with the real world using any kind of electronics, using a standard protocol like MQTT**
What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
Basics of vvvv patching, basics of networking**
A session is 3h. How many sessions does your workshop need?
1, 2 if we go deep into the Arduino code
What’s the teaching level?
How do you qualify for the topic?
For the past 5 years, I’ve been using the esp8266 and esp32 for important projects in the oil and gas industry.