Vvvv fails to start after splash screen

It’s taken me ages to get this working.

The Freeframe folder typo was the cause too.
I have a feeling Vvvv may need to change this. I downloaded a new copy of Vvvv just now and the folder comes named as “Freeframes”.

@Modified: this is not a typo! renaming the directory is only a workaround to not get the freeframe plugins loaded which seems to cause troubles in rare cases. do you have pd installed via their installer?

@joreg
I do have pd installed via the installer. Would it be better if I didn’t?

I’ve moved over to Max now so PD isn’t as valuable for me.

hmkay…was hoping that was fixed. but apparently it was not. so would be interesting to hear if vvvv works for you after you used the pd-uninstaller (not just remove it!). then you can still use pd’s .zip-installation as an alternative…

Hey.

I ran the PD uninstaller and totally removed it.
I changed the Freeframe folder back to Freeframes and Vvvv worked.

Just to be extra sure and do a thorough test I downloaded both PD.exe and PD.zip.
Ran exe version and once again, no joy when loading Vvvv (didn’t rechange the Freeframes folder).
Once again uninstalled PD.exe and reused the PD.zip.

As you suggested both PD & V4 worked. So it does seem to be an issue with PD.exe and Freeframes.

This is very strange though as I’ve only had this problem on 1 laptop. My previous laptop and my current desktop are both pd exe installers with Vvvv 32bit and they work fine.

k, good to hear. still odd since we had a fix for that specific problem in place already. seems i’ll have to revisit that…