Forum

Vvvv.exe doesn't cleanly quit, but lurks in task manager

until you kill the task, you cn’t relaunch.
Any ideas of how to solve this, I thought it wass a dx11 thing, but seems to do it with dx9 too, and seems to happen once a patch gets quite large, anyone ssen it?

hm…i’d suggest this is due to one node preventing the shutdown. so you’d need to step by step start/stop vvvv with more and more of your patches until you find the one that makes this happen. then try only this patch/node. if you have a small bugger post it here and we can most likely fix it.

Ah!
So I removed a whole lot, still doing it, then I looked through the TTY and saw this error.
I removed MRE and voila, vvvv quit gracefully! Is this an error for vux to look at, or microdee, to link to the dx11 pack?

00:00:02 ERR : System.IO.FileLoadException in mscorlib: API restriction: The assembly 'file:///C:\Users\cat\Desktop\vvvv_45beta31.2_x86\packs\mre.mdmod.2\nodes\plugins\DX11.BufferDeferredBaseBuffer\VVVV.DX11.Core.dll' has already loaded from a different location. It cannot be loaded from a new location within the same appdomain.

Stacktrace:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[]() hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at VVVV.Hosting.Factories.DotNetPluginFactory.LoadNodeInfosFromFile(String filename, String sourcefilename, List`1& nodeInfos, Boolean commitUpdates)
   at VVVV.Hosting.Factories.DotNetPluginFactory.LoadNodeInfos(String filename)
   at VVVV.Hosting.Factories.AbstractFileFactory`1.ExtractNodeInfos(String filename, String arguments)
   at VVVV.Hosting.Factories.AbstractFileFactory`1.DoAddFile(String filename)
   at VVVV.Hosting.Factories.AbstractFileFactory`1.AddSubDir(String dir, Boolean recursive)

Hmm, no it continued, once I remove a subpatch with a waveplayer in it, it closes properly (mre or not), however, if I make a new and include the audio sub patch, that will close cleanly…

maanged to get a crashing patch, but as I was preping it to show, its stops crashing on exit!
I think it might be when that patch opens and loads everything, that delays the strings initialising the waveplayer, when they do its a bit like if you switch files in waveplyer, that hangs the system (or certainly if theyre spreaded)
But as long as I know it waveplayer, I’m ok for now!

This is happening to me quite often on boygrouped scenarios. Clients sometimes won’t relaunch properly until I kill them on task manager. No MRE nor waveplayer and using pretty much regular nodes and no plugins. but its a quite random behavior.