VVVV crashes with DX11 Text Style

hi,

have anyone of you ever experience crashes while using the dx11 text advance and textstyle color nodes? At the moment vvvv crashes every time i open a patch with dx11 text nodes and color style. If you start the attached patch directly with vvvv it crashes, if you load the patch in a already opened vvvv you have 2 or 3 seconds before it will crash. Has anyone a fix for this bug?

Greetings
Jonas

Color (DirectWrite Styles) help.v4p (10.1 KB)

yes same here. latest berta

Tracked here :

Some temporary fix here :
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mrvux/dx11-vvvv/builds/22108553/artifacts

(temp fix seems to have a very small memory leak (few bytes), which I can’t reproduce for the moment); this is why it’s temporary, in most cases it should have no impact (still will look to have it fixed as well)

Hi,

stumbled into the same problem yesterday and I was wondering, if there is any progress concerning the memory leak.
I want to use the text style in a patch running all day for four days (trade show that is) and I was wondering if this would be okay or leading to problems. A restart at the end of each show day should be fine if that would be enough.

Concering installing the fix: Do I only need to replace the core libraries or the full packs folder?

Best, C

Actually I got red nodes and vvvv crashing/not starting either by replacing the core libraries or the whole packs-content. Any idea?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.