[VL] - Object reference not set to an instance

i get quite often such Object reference not set to an instance of an object. pop-ups.

after clicking the exception away, the operation is kind of broken forever. this happens evertime when i click on input pins from there on. sometimes it helps, when i copy the operation into another utility patch, but not always.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VL.Lang.View.ViewHelpers.CanConnectTo(DataHub fromHub, DataHub toHub, Boolean force, Boolean sinkToSource, PreCompilation compilation) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\Helpers\ViewHelpers.cs:line 61
   at VL.Lang.View.CanvasView.ConnectionMouseHandler.MouseDown(VMouseEventArgs arg) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\EventHandler\ConnectionMouseHandler.cs:line 132
   at VL.Lang.View.CanvasView.ClickMethod(VMouseEventArgs downArg, VMouseEventArgs upArg) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\ModelViews\CanvasView.cs:line 925
   at VL.Core.Viewer.Handler.<>c**DisplayClass13_0.<OnClick>b**1(VMouseEventArgs up) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL.UI.Core\Viewer\EventHandler.cs:line 431
   at VL.Core.Viewer.Handler.ParallelMouseHandler.MouseUp(VMouseEventArgs arg) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL.UI.Core\Viewer\EventHandler.cs:line 248
   at VL.Lang.View.CanvasView.HandleMouseUp(Object sender, VMouseEventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\VL Forms\PatchEditor\ModelViews\CanvasView.cs:line 736
   at VL.GraphicalEditor.Piccolo.GraphEditor.FCanvas_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\9506352823f45313\vvvv50\VL.UI\src\PiccoloGraphicalEditor\GraphEditor.cs:line 152
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Piccolo.NET.PCanvas.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

thanks for the exception, i’ll look into it. is it the input pin of a node in the patch or the input pin of the operation definition?

ah, missed that… this regards any pin of any node inside the affected operation

fixed in latest alpha.

nice, i can patch again, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.