VL.AutomataUI

it was meant to be in the last release, must have slipped through since i work on different machines and obviously didnt commit this change. i will look into it right now.

hi,
have a look over here GitHub - rmtttt/VL.AutomataUI at dev
i quickly repatched it in a bit different stile to try it out with my project.
unfortunately the source code was not up to date in the original repo, so i took the dll from the nuget.

i updated the nuget yesterday with xml output.

2 Likes

Hello @u7angel !
Would it be possible to get your updates on github as well? Could you push to the public repo?

done

thank you!

hi!

would it be possible to get a bang when something inside automataUI has changed? atm you always have to save manually… would be nice to do an autosave function or an overlay that reminds you to save it.

3 Likes

i already tried something like that, but haven’t found a solution i’m happy with. i’ll look into that again. thanks for the bump.

Maybe this is interesting for this use case?

I was recently asking myself - would it make sense to contribute this to the Kairos framework?

@u7angel found a little bug
GetActiveTransition only reads active state

1 Like

In the help patch it would be good, if the transition and state names in the patch matched with the namings from the UI.

2 Likes

@chk If you make an animation in a transition (more than 1 frame), you would like to see an active transition. I got out of this situation by making a local fork. The original repository has an error due to copypaste.

can you make a pull request ?

Question to every AuomataUI User: Would you prefer AutomataUI be framebased or timebased. Initially, the idea was to have a hard logic brain, tied to the frame-based progress of the program.

During the last project, we were running into issues, when the program dropped frames and subsequently events happend later in time since the framecounter was slower than intended.

Therefore i’m wondering if switching to timebased is the solution, making it independent from the framecounter. So transitions would last for example 1s, no matter what framerate your program runs. Good or bad ?

1 Like

Make it a setting?

3 Likes