VideoIn (DX11 DShow) resolution

Hi guys,
I’m testing the capture card Datapath VisionRGB-E2S. Everything works with the VideoIn (DX11 DShow) node but I noticed a difference between DX9 and DX11 version of the VideoIn node.

In the DX9 version I can set the resolution from a IO box so the res. (e.g. 1920x1080px) remains even if I disconnect the source from the capure card. In that way I can have the “no signal” texture at 1920x1080px.

In the DX11 version the resolution is set from an enumeration. If a source is connected I can set the right resolution but if I disconnect the source the only res. avaliable in the enumaration is 320x240px.

What I whant to achieve is to set the same resolution (1920x1080px) when I have signal and when I have no signal in the DX11 node. In the DX9 version works!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i’ve experienced similar things before and had a look at the code too. iirc this is because of a a bug in the code of the node, that will always choose the last (or first?) entry of the list. i did not have the time then to make a proper fix but i might have something else that might help here. just give me a few days - i’m quite busy right now…

Hi motzi,
ok, let me know when you can have a look at the problem. I’m not able to fix it in the code.

Thanks!

hey idab,

see if this works for you:
VVVV.DX11.Nodes.DShow.dll.zip (7.6 KB)

replace this one with the existing dll in packs\dx11\nodes\plugins\dshow
(version is x64 and dx11 1.3.1)

if that works for you i’ll make a pull request. unfortunately i can’t test it properly right now…

Hi motzi,
tomorrow I’ll test it on a PC with a capture card. I will let you know!

Thanks!

Hey motzi,
I tested your dll. The problem remains with the capture card. Is there a way to force the resolution like the DX9 version with a IObox?

With the new version I can’t select right framerate with my webcam.

Let me know. Thanks!

hey idab,

sorry to hear that it did not work for you - at least for my blackmagic interface it worked that way.
i’ve just given it another try - this version here explicitly lists the available modes of the selected cameras (resolution, framerate, bitcount combined). let’s hope this makes a step forward.

unfortunately it is hard to test without your video card as different cameras seem to report their capabilities differently, which is probably why this selection with the videoin node fails (i’m not 100% sure though).

VVVV.DX11.Nodes.DShow.dll.zip (8.7 KB)

good luck!

edit: updated the zip: changed functionality is now available in node VideoIn2

Hi motzi,
your last version with the list of all avaliable modes of the selected camera could be the solution. It works with my webcam. When the pc with capture card will came back in office I’ll test the node asap.

Thanks!

hey @idab,
just wondering if the new dll worked with your videoinput card. if yes - how is the performance (latency)?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.