Video Playback

Hi everyone!

I have a problem here.
I need to do a patch, which plays back a videofile, and three audiofiles at the same time. The three audofiles can be switched by pressing keys on the numpad.

So far so good, I managed all the numpad and audioplayback stuff (thanks to the community!).

The audiofiles are played by the Filestream (Irrklang) Node. This works pretty well, because after the file is finished, it jumps back to fileposition 0.

Is there a way to do this with a filestream node for videoplayback? Because now, I always have to reload the videofile after playback has finished.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Thank you for your help!

Cheer,

LustigerAstronaut

AudioVideoPlayback.v4p (18.0 kB)

do you mean loop pin?

I don’t know if I use the Filestream Node the right way.

The problem is, I need to bang the play pin. I think I have figured out, that the Filestream Node plays the video as long as the play pin is set to 1.

The Video has to play until the end and has to play again from the beginning when the play pin is banged again.

So the bang, and the loop pin don’t work for me.

You need to set the start and end time in filestream to the start and end times of your loop. If those are set to default values, it will loop between 0 and 0 which is the first video frame aka no motion.
If you want to loop the whole file and don’t want to change the end time, then set the end time to something really big, then it will loop nicely as long as the video clip is shorter than the end time.

i understand you dont need loop

YourBang.v4p (6.3 kB)

Ok, thank you for your hints. I have solved the problem via the loop pins in combination with an monoflop, with the same time as the videofile, and the bang which triggers the audio and video files.