Video Installation Project Help

Hi all

I’m very new to 4v, only recently discovered it through a lecturer at unversity where I’m studying multimedia.

I’m in the process of planning a video installation for a study project and was wondering if 4v is the software to use. The installation consists of 4 projectors each fed by a laptop (4 client laptops) controlled via ethernet by a server laptop. Is 4v capable of switching between different video clips on each client, triggered by a user input. Every time a user triggers a sensor the video clip must change.

Also when connecting input devices to 4v, do you physically connect them to the clients they serve, or to the server.

Any answers and help with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Joe

Hi Joe,
vvvvelcome,

Is 4v capable of switching between different video clips on each client, triggered by a user input.

Yes.

Also when connecting input devices to 4v, do you physically connect them to the clients they serve, or to the server.

if your pcs are connected in a LAN it doesn’t matter where you physically connect the devices and where you need their data.
there are manifold possibilities to transfer data between your pcs

Hi kalle, Thanks for the answers will experiment with set ups and patches and post when I get it to work