Use of tuio protocol

Salut,

I have a project of multitouch surface.
For the beginning I want to use the Touchlib tools (more plug n play than vvvv tracking) and send OSC bundle to vvvv (more efficient to explore creativity) for making effects and other interactivity.

My first problem was to send to vvvv some compliant osc bundle from tuio protocol. For that I project to use the OscAPI writes in python.

My question is about the bundle I need to send to vvvv. Do you think I need to recreate a protocol for vvvv ? or if I use the same protocol did you think I could make some very succesfull effects and interacitivity?

Do you have some knowledge about multiscreen using this kind of DI or FTIR principle?

thx

make sure to have read the threads about TUIO and OSC .afaik there are some issues with TUIO and their inproper use of bundles in OSC.

io. i think i finally know how to improve OSCDecoder so that it can decode such kind of messages. won’t make it into the next release though.

Hi joreg,

For the moment I think I’ll repack the bundles. Like this example:

from “/tuio/2Dcur set s x y m r” to “/tuio/2Dcur/set s x y m r”.

What do you think about?

sounds right. that set parameter is a unique id?

note though, that like this you’ll need to create multiple OSCDecoder nodes.

set parameter is a unique id?

don’t khnow exactly, I’ve to finish my surface to do real tests. I have to found if the message including the set parameter is unique for each bundle.

ok guys,

I’ve made 2 simples exe you can found here:vvvvTuio_Toolkit.rar (3.30 Mb)

they are programs that help to manage tuio osc bundles with vvvv.

because set parameter are not unique.

@+

@joreg, an news on an tuio update to the oscdecode? maybe next release?

@thiv
what you mean with “/tuio/2Dobj aren’t converted” ?
and have you made allready some experiences with your bundle repacking method? any troubles? latency issues due repacking?

thanks ele

no news but that it could be trivial for anyone to write a specific tuio plugin given the c# client code from http://reactable.iua.upf.edu/?software.

@elektromeier
Sorry for the delay. I didn’t see your post.

what you mean with “/tuio/2Dobj aren’t converted” ?
the script only manage “/tuio/2Dcur” messages because I don’t have the use of “/tuio/2Dobj” messages.

and have you made allready some experiences with your bundle repacking method? any troubles? latency issues due repacking?
I already have some experiences ( vvvv > tuio ) but I didn’t notice a so disturbing latency.

Maybe I should clean the script before putting it on vvvv site:)

@+

paid advertisment:

note that also the FiducialTracker is opensource and could be rather easily updated to the newest features of the FidTrack library… it is all there, prepared to digest.

joreg: no news but that it could be trivial for anyone to write a specific tuio plugin given the c# client code

is there any model in C not C# on how to write a plugin for vvvv ?
are they templates possible in C / C++?

as mentioned on MultiSource_OpenPurpose vvvv plugins can in theory be written in many languages that compile to .net-dlls, including C. nobody has tried this yet, though.

if you don’t have any particular reason to use anything else, go for C#. you’ll not regret it.

hi joreg, i dont feel good with classes… and C#…
if i well understood, needs to developp with .NET ?

depending on the plugin you want to write you may not even have to write a class. and the .NET-classlibrary is the blessing which you can make use of, or not (if you like it the hard way).

you may as well just give it a try. it could be easier than you thought.

ok joreg, i will make a look inside of it perhaps after 2 weeks ( too much work actually).
could be interresting to help somehow in vvvv …

i m using dev cpp that is with mingw32, I have made a quick look inside of sources of fiducialtrackers, and seen that you were using mingw to compile at one moment?

ok, but do yourself a favor and use the codeblocks ide. i moved to it when i noticed that the development of dev-cpp is on a halt since some time now, while codeblocks is in very active development and quite convenient to use.

all our freeframe source come with readytobuild codeblocks projects.

good luck.

ok. thank you mister febbs ( ;-) ) . i will make a try…

i need to use another laptop for code-blocking, previous version of mingw32 (devcpp 4.9) is used for schwartzpeter… i dont want to confuse my sources and links with a new version of gcc …