Transmitting data

Hi,

I am generating meshes mathematically in dot net. At the moment I am sending them over to vvvv using udp and queues one parameter at a time.

I would like to send them as one long string of the format 1,2,3,4,5|3,4,5,6 etc. etc. i.e. groups of numbers. I want to then be able to split up this long string at the pipes ("|") and again at the commas. Then I cam place each group of numbers into the relevant vector and I’m off.

I have looked around for a node that will do the equivalent of “split” in most other languages which splits a string at a particular seperator (in this case “|” and “,”) and would output a spread of the numbers. Can’t find one though. The split in the box chops the string into fixed length pieces.

Any ideas on the best way to get a load of data from outside into vvvv?

two instances of Separate (String) might be what you are looking for. first separate by the pipes; next by the commas.

Brilliant. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

and if you have that code in a dot net compatible language it would probably not be hard to create a vvvv plugin of it, bypassing the need of a udp-connection and string parsing…