Timerliner Usability Shading

@u7 I also think after effects has the best timeline interface, go and pay them a visit, as some of the things I’ve tried to express before make more sense when you see how they work, but things like, moving the in/out points of a clip to the time curser, or moving the clip to the time curser, shortcuts to go from key frame to keyframe are so useful and fast to navigate that they would be amazing for a time line in v4, I’d never use after effects if we had a good timeline!

@joreg, ah that does make sense I suppose, I’ll check that out!

Cat

@joreg: I’ve tried to build nested timeliner in subpatches and control it in main patch with main Timeliner. At some moment I could not open the main patch ANYMORE. I think there was some logic conflict for starting point of subtimeliners. Probably there is a way to make it works. but at that time i could not make it. i gonna try to reproduce it next days.
another question: entering string I confirm it with one single ENTER, for entering value I need to press ENTER twice(?) -would not be easier to have a unified logic for that?

here is a patch. working fine. cannot reproduce my problem anymore.
as you can see- readability is not good

MultiTimeliner.zip (10.2 kB)

@joreg, while you are cleaning up the house.

will timerliner ever get a revamp regarding usability (interface, Ctrl+Z, Copy Paste) ?

or is the timeliner as it is now, a dead end and someone has to start from scratch ?

a final word on this long thread of userfeedback would be nice.

indeed we are aware of the importance of this topic. we’ve an experiment in the works we hope to share with you soon. it has some of the things desired but quite likely it will not completely replace timeliner from the beginning.

so no final word. we’re on it.

thanks for your feedback

bump… no text …