The Kinect Thread

Hey vjc4, any chance of uploading that example file somewhere else?
I would really appreciate it since I rapidshare keeps giving me a stupid error
IP address modified error. (Maybe its because I am at a uni, I dont know)

Or maybe sent it to me directly?

Thanks a lot.

D

@Drorosp http://hotfile.com/dl/115823091/2f1bd05/kinect_hand_movement.v4p.html

try that, the forum its giving me an error

Thanks bro.

Ohh I see this is an example using the mouse. Any chance to provide with an example on how to get the data out from the skeleton as well?

Sorry newbie here.

btw Meierhans the smooth heightmap example is really cool, thanks for sharing.

@Dorosp http://hotfile.com/dl/115871832/5c4f9e0/kinectc4.v4p.html
there you have the vectors of bouthhands and a cgi render to have a clear view
remember to wait unitll you have the pose. this patch its the original kinect plugin. it migh not work if you dont have the old vercion intalled ( dont! )
you need to have a clear understanding of spreads, S / R nodes, and MAP node to get it work

im a newbie as well, i really recomendd to check all the videos from this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPK59gSXs80 . I though that i knew most of those things and i was completely wrong :P

Thanks for the examples and the advice vjc4!

@vjc4
and
@everybody:

if an upload here results in errormessage:
just try a 2nd time.
for me the 2nd time always works.

still and else complain about that in the forums!

:)

be sure to select slice from head

the idea is based on this

but i still need help to set up the maximun and the minimun values to make it more “real”

im moving all the objects insted of moving the camera ( in Z ), but it will be great to have all properly done by applying all the head traking modifications to the camera only, i still dont know how to do it :(

any ideas?

kineck head track.zip (60.5 kB)

Is this more what you are looking for?

kinectheadtrack.v4p (41.5 kB)

Wow, ft !! :) !! yeah, i need to adjust some values but you are 100% right!!!

i have the idea of making a multitouch virtual surface using the kinect, but without using skeleton, only by measuring the closest point to the camera
it wont be so accurate, but it will be way more friendly that explaining how skeleton works and doing the pose and all that. I was able to get ( with help from West and Frank ) the x position of the closer point, but its only from a speciic line in the middle of the screen. Is there any way to do this better ?

im not familiarized with spread an matrix. the only idea i think it migh work its to blur the render image only in x and use the same idea, then use another render window, rotate the texture 90º, and use another pipet… but im sure there should be a better way to do it

check out max2 and k_pos_x

idea of touch screen without skeleton (55.3 kB)

Has anyone done a depth to color calaibration for the kinect yet?
For example like this: http://nicolas.burrus.name/index.php/Research/KinectCalibration

viktor2 its already done on the last version of this plugin, there is a pin on the OpenNiGenericNode that its call align textures, in 2d it works verry well, and for the depth information i guess that you need to use the formula mentioned by marf , how to use it, i dont know :P , with the Expr node ?

thx vjc4!.. no text …

Hi,does anyone know how to get the distance feedback for kinect? I’m running the programs on linux. Thanks~

crazy_fell0w i didt get your question
what distance feedback ? you mean to measure a pixel in distance ?

Nope. For example if we have an obstacle in front of the kinect, we can get the readings of the distance between the obstacle and kinect.

the kinect dont know what an obstacle is, it shows you a grayscale video output. use a pipet node, chose the pixel to mesure, use a hsl split to get the ligthvalue and thats the distance, but its not a lineal scale, read the whole trhead.

The official MS SDK is out, any volunteers for writing a wrapper to use these APIs? I’ll make a start tonight and stick my results (if any) on GitHub for all to contribute.

This bit got my attention:

@rounce can you share your github link? Also i think we can’t start now because vvvv is still on .net3.5.

kinect is running, I see myself deeply ;)

can I set a certain depth, so that only objects in a distance from 1 to 2 metres get tracked?

I also need objects to interact with, i.e. like including a black drum from png, that makes sound when a person’s arm hits the object. actually, it does not really have to be the arm, because i dont want to get too complicated and use skeletons, it might be enough to play sound when some part of my silhouette hits the drum graphic.

I’m still watching the vvvvideo tutorials. not too experienced yet, therefore my questions.

guys this works with netframework 4 rigth ?
did you loose freeframe effects ?

kinectmssdktest-0#comment-65817